Streamyx has finally has a package for non-students and has a free netbook to boot.
As part of the National Broadband Initiative (NBI), Telekom Malaysia and the Malaysia Government have launched a broadband and netbook package called “Pakej Jalur Lebar TM dengan Komputer 1Malaysia” specifically for lower-income households.
The new package starts from RM38 per month for 24 months. The RM38 package comes with 384Kbps Streamyx and a netbook called Komputer 1Malaysia.
Consumers have the options to go for higher speed at cheaper price(4Mbps at RM88) or choose the HP Netbook at a slightly higher price. Those who signed up for the new package will receive:
* Streamyx broadband Internet access with speeds starting from 384Kbps
* One (1) Komputer 1Malaysia or Hewlett Packard (HP) Netbook with 160GB or 250 GB hard disk, 1 GB memory with integrated Webcam and WiFi capability plus FREE delivery anywhere nationwide
* One (1) FREE Streamyx Zone account and access
* One (1) FREE wireless modem with a 12-month warranty period
* One (1) Streamyx email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Add-on choice of the RM10 Call Plan
* Waiver of installation fees (RM88) and activation fees (RM75)
|ccess Speeds||Streamyx + Komputer 1Malaysia netbook (For the 1st 24 months and beyond) (RM)||Streamyx + HP Netbook (RM)|
|1st 24 months||From the 25th month onwards|
To be eligible to subscribe for the Broadband with Netbook Package, the potential subscriber must meet the following criteria:
- The individual must be from households with a monthly income of RM3,000 and below for rural residents throughout the country.
The individual must be from households with a month income of RM5,000 and below for those staying at urban areas