Saturday, October 24, 2009

Teenager followed bogus cops because she has police record

This is the follow up news to Ka Chuan rescues rape victim at highway rest area.

Shows that you should not belive anyone whom you just met. 

GEORGE TOWN: The teenager, who was allegedly abducted and raped by two bogus policemen, was earlier detained along with a group of teenagers reported missing by their parents in Johor in the middle of this year.

It was due to this previous detention that led to the victim, 19, into following the “policemen” as she thought her assistance was still needed over the missing persons investigations.

State deputy CID chief Supt Nashir Ya said the victim followed the duo, aged 19 and 36, without suspecting anything amiss when they turned up at her hotel room in Jalan Trang here.

“Initial investigation revealed that it was just a coincidence that they bumped into the victim who had previous police records. She just followed them without questioning their identity.”

In May this year, five teenagers - three girls and two boys - all aged 16, were found in an apartment unit on Macallum Street Ghaut here after being reported missing in Johor Baru by their parents.

The victim and her three other friends, aged between 16 and 21, were subsequently arrested for allegedly abducting the teenagers.

However, police investigation showed they were cleared of any wrongdoing as they were merely acting as good Samaritans by offering the five teenagers a place to stay.

On Thursday, the victim was rescued by Tanjung Malim MP Datuk Seri Ong Ka Chuan at the North-South Expressway’s Slim River rest area, who drove her to the Slim River police station to lodge a report.

The girl’s ordeal began after midnight on Wednesday when two men who claimed to be policemen went to her hotel room in Trang Road here where she was staying with her two sisters and two male friends.

The men took her away after claiming the girl was needed to help in an investigation. However, they drove her to a hotel in Alor Setar where she alleged she was raped.

Meanwhile, George Town OCPD Asst Comm Azam Abd Hamid said the two suspects had since been remanded until Monday to facilitate investigation over the matter.

“Once the remand order expires, we will hand them over to our counterpart in Kedah as the alleged rape was said to have taken place in Alor Setar,” he said.

He said the victim had since been sent to the Penang Hospital for a medical check-up.

“We are still waiting for the report. An identification parade will be held soon,” he said when contacted.

No comments :


Related Posts with Thumbnails